Sports and Entertainment
Privacy Rights of Celebrities
Celebrities from the Movie, Television (TV), Music and Sports Industries often have their rights of privacy violated from various sources of media from the traditional – to the tabloid to the internet. These rights include:
- Defamation: a defamatory statement that adversely affects the celebrity’s reputation; where the defendant published the material while knowing it was false or had a reckless disregard for its truth.
- Appropriation of Name or Likeness: for a commercial advantage without authorization from the celebrity.
- Public Disclosure of Private Facts: that is offensive and is not of public record.
- Intrusion upon Seclusion: Prying into the celebrity’s seclusion or expectation of privacy.
- Portrayal in a False Light: Attributing to the celebrity views that he does not have or actions he did not take.
Call the Law Office of Steven M. Logan (561) 791–1882 if you feel your rights of privacy have been violated. Serving South Florida.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Over 30 Years of Experience
- 3 Fighting to Protect Your Rights