I have been practicing law for nearly 30 years. I enjoy the fight. I represent my clients with all the zeal necessary, within the ethical and professional boundaries of the law, to achieve the best result possible. To do otherwise would be an injustice to my clients. My practice is primarily in Criminal Defense, Pet Law, and Sports/Agent Law.
The facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters in which results have been provided.
All results of cases handled by the lawyer or firm have not been provided.
The results provided are not necessarily representative of results obtained by the lawyer or firm or of the experience of all clients or others with the lawyers or firm. Every case is different, and each client’s case must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.
- State v. Sakezeles, 778 So. 2d. 432 (Fla. App. 3 District 2001) Search and Seizure, All evidence suppressed against the infamous “Crook and Chrome” graffiti artists of South Florida.
- Florida Supreme Court case: I was the trial level attorney in one of the earliest “Stand your Ground” cases in Florida that helped define the procedure in how the lower courts should conduct pre-trial hearings on the “Stand your Ground law”
- Ponzi Scheme: Successfully eliminated several sentencing enhancements in Federal Court in West Palm Beach; thereby reducing my client’s sentence in half.
- Attempted First Degree Murder: In Okeechobee, Client charged with Attempted First Degree Murder, a life felony. (Possible 40 years in Prison). The Case went to trial after I caused the State to lower the charge to Aggravated Battery a 2nd degree felony (possible 15 years in Prison) The jury came back and found the Defendant guilty of Felony-Battery a 3rd degree Felony (Possible 5 years in prison)
- Counterfeiting and Fraud against INS: Client was faced with these charges in Federal Court in Miami. Client was not a U.S. Citizen and would certainly be sentenced to prison, then deported if convicted. Successfully had charges dropped after winning a Motion to Suppress the Counterfeit documents and the equipment involved.
- Possession of a Firearm by Convicted Felon: Possible Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 3 years.
After filing a Motion to Suppress the case was negotiated to a misdemeanor weapon charge with 60 days time served.
- Criminal Punishment Code: The State Attorney’s Office in Palm Beach calculated my Client’s sentencing score range, which is based in part by his criminal past. After my thorough investigation I discovered my Client had fewer convictions – criminal hisory than what the State had calculated. The Client’s sentencing score range was reduced by 14 months because of this.
- Solicitation of Murder: Like the more infamous case, my client was arrested by the Boynton Beach Police for solicitation of murder of her husband. Unlike the infamous case, I had the case the dropped by the State Attorney’s Office.
- Res Ipsa magazine of California Western School of Law, Summer 2000, Volume 3 Number 2: Animal Rights Law, I was featured in my Law School magazine regarding Animal law.
- Florida Pets in Court, Florida Pet Tribune: Legal Advice Column from 1996 to 2001.
- California Western School of Law - J.D. - 1983
I am proud of my law school. California Western School of Law is the center of the Southern California Innocence Project. It is considered one of the best Innocence Projects in the Country. The program is dedicated to releasing wrongfully convicted inmates. “60 Minutes” recently aired the case of Brian Banks, who was wrongfully convicted of Rape. Through the innocence project he was finally released after serving 5 and half years in prison. Brian Banks joined the Atlanta Falcons in hopes of getting his football career back on track. www.californiainnocenceproject.org
- Southern New Hampsire University - B.S. - 1979
Deans List, Student Government, Varsity Hockey Team, Vice President Campus Radio Station
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Federal Trial Bar
- Association of Federal Defense Attorney’s
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association, Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Taught Business Law and Corporate ethics at South University in West Palm Beach Florida
- Taught Criminal Procedure at Keiser University
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Over 30 Years of Experience
- 3 Fighting to Protect Your Rights