Ft. Pierce, Florida
Ft. Pierce, Florida Criminal Defense Attorney
St. Lucie and Martin County Lawyer
I have defended several criminal cases in these counties in State and Federal Court. The popular crimes that I have defended in the Treasure Coast include: Operational grow houses for Marijuana as well as Methamphetamine trafficking, distribution and selling which is also a common charge north of Palm Beach County.
Protect your Constitutional Rights, call attorney Steven M. Logan, if you have been arrested for a Felony or Misdemeanor.
I not only represent those charged in State Court in Ft. Pierce, but also those facing Federal Charges in the new U.S. District Courthouse in Ft. Pierce.
Case Law Update Drug Charges
- Admitting testimony that defendant possessed a “large amount of cash” when he was searched following a traffic stop of a car in which he was a passenger, in an incident that eventually led to him being charged with possession of cocaine, is error. Where the charge is merely possession of cocaine and not trafficking or sale, the fact that the defendant possessed a large amount of cash is not relevant. Massey v. State, (4DCA 2013)
- Double jeopardy and collateral estoppel Defense: Defendant may not be convicted of both cultivation of cannabis and trafficking in cannabis for growing a single crop of marijuana. A recent case from St. Lucie County was heard on Appeal by the 4th DCA in October 2013, and the Appellate Court ruled that a Defendant cannot be convicted of both the “Cultivation of cannabis” and the “trafficking in cannabis” because he was being convicted twice for the same substance which violates the Double Jeopardy clause of the U.S. Constitution. Gonzalez v. State, 123 So. 3d. 691 (4th DCA 2013)
- Three (3) year mandatory minimum prison sentence: A 4th DCA opinion coming out of Martin County ruled that the Sale of Cocaine within a 1,000 feet of a church, place of worship does not require the 3 year mandatory prison sentence. State of Florida v. Jiles, 117 So. 3d 879 (4th DCA 2013)
- Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer: A 4th DCA opinion coming out of Indian River County Affirmed the three year mandatory prison sentence for a woman who committed aggravated assault on a police officer pursuant to Florida Statute 784.07(2) (c). The Law Enforcement Protection Act does not apply to this sentence. State v. Jordan, 103 So.3d 253 (4th DCA 2012)
My Law Office serves Ft. Pierce St. Lucie County, Stuart, Martin County. We offer a free initial consultation. Contact my office at (561) 791-1882 or visit my website at loganlawyer.com Over 25 years’ experience in Criminal Law and Criminal Defense in South Florida. My Law Office also Practices Sports Entertainment Law, Animal Law-Pet Law.
Fort Pierce, also spelled Ft. Pierce, is a city in St. Lucie County, Florida, USA. It is known as the Sunrise City. The population of over 40,000 persons. It is the county seat of St. Lucie County. Fort Pierce is part of the Port St. Lucie, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area which have population of 400,121. Ft. Pierce is 66 miles North of West Palm Beach.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Over 30 Years of Experience
- 3 Fighting to Protect Your Rights